Monday, March 19, 2012

What spring time brings

The weather has been beautiful.  The days are getting longer. The ducks and chickens are busy laying.

Many of my seedlings died, but I have time to start again! 

On the unhappy side of things, lily gave birth to a stillborn buckling yesterday.  He was about 6 weeks too early. I feel so bad for her. She nudged him and tried to be a mama to him. I spoiled her. She got extra grain and beat gulp and some watermelon. She was upset when I took her boy away.

She is Orchids dam. She didn't get to raise Orchid either, bit they have since bonded and spend a lot of time together. Lily will not be bred again. She just doesn't seem to carry well. Poor thing. She's the goat version of Charlie Browns Christmas tree.

1 comment:

  1. I reaaaaallly hope you get some lemon cucumbers!!

    ReplyDelete