Wednesday, September 28, 2011

playing catch up

Escrow on the new place is supposed to close Friday! Its a fixer upper, and all I can think about is how to improve the livestock area! There I'd already a chainlink pen for the goats, however it needs a new gate ( which I already have). There's something next to the goat Ben that resembles 2 small hog pens. Those will be the temporary chicken/ duck pens until I can get a coop built.

I'm also trying to plan for a second pen for the Navajo Churro sheep I'll be getting next year. I want a barn. I need a milking parlor and somewhere to store feed.

I want to plant a tree the day we get out keys. I'm thinking maybe a jacaranda?

Wow I'm excited.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

3 comments:

  1. i'm so excited for you! Planting a tree is a gret idea! brendan and I planted a wedding tree :-) Jacaranda are so pretty! But messy! Why not some citrus trees or something like that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. citrus doesnt do well in the high desert. our summers arent as hot, but our winters often reach freezing. we'd have to have a greenhouse. As for the mess, who cares! its the rural desert and the wind will blow it all away! i know there are several varieties of apple, peaches, apricots, pomegranates , and possible avocados that will do well. i love the wispy branches of jacaranda and chinese elm though .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to help with the chicken coop.... i just built my 40 by 40 by 9 feet high.... its was very cheap to make... i have a little secret how to make them.... im the one who got the goats from you... here my email yourphotoshot@gmail.com hit me up if your would like some help around the new place getting things set up....

    ReplyDelete