Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Reflections on the garden

Stupid wind. Its destroying my high climbing cucurbits.

I definately need to put up a windbreak on the southwest side of the garden.

My paths seemed like a good width at the time, but if they were a weeee bit more narrow i can fit a lot more crap in there!!

I will not be planting corn again in this plot. It takes up way too much space. I thought because they were primarily planted on the very edges of  the garden behind the beds i was utilizing the space well. Im thinking i will better utilize that space by planting something permanant-like grape vines!

Rather than widening my beds, im going to add 5 lb buckets. I have them all the place so i may as well put.food in them!

I also can now see i could have fit more IN the beds. In other words, more intensive plantings.

So these are my reflections. And these are changes that i will be implementing in the fall garden.




No comments:

Post a Comment