Wednesday, February 23, 2011

oh happy days of spring newness!!

Remember those little pumpkins that were all uprooted by my 3 year old? Well good new! Eight of the survived. Only 3 out of 12 of the snap peas made it. The Swiss Chard and radishes are doing very good.

Today I planted cucumbers , eggplant, bell peppers, corn and tomatillos. My spinach all died but I guess its early in the year for them even though I started in doors. Apprarently lettuces are a fall crop as far as deserts are concerned.

I picked up 4 barred rock hen chicks at the feed store today. I went in for burmuda/ alfalfa pellets for the horses and layer mash for the ducks. $80 later I had that And a complete set up for the chickies. It took all my might to only take four!

Evelyn the lamancha is getting delivered Sunday. My sons cant prounce it so it comes out ECHO for some reason. We'll see if it stays.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment