Tuesday, February 15, 2011

planting seedlings

Yesterday in the wake of my partially destroyed pumpkin crop I planted a few more seeds.

I added watermelons, radishes, carrots. And swish chard. I can only hope the majority of the seedlings survive. I didn't plant a huge crop because here in the desert we get two growing seasons. If I do well this spring then I'll. Plant a separate crop in the fall.

I've chosen heat tolerant ( and fool Hardy) crops like watermelons and squashes. I didn't want to get to big for my britches and lose a nice crop because I'm an idiot, either.
I plan on planting sunchokes and potatoes. Yet another thing I can't screw up! And sunchokes will come back year after ( even when you don't want them to).

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment