Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ethel kids right on time, however. . .

Ethel gave birth to TRIPLETS!! On the positive side, they all lived, two girls and one boys. The runt is incredibly tiny.

Ethel, unfortunately, never developed an udder so the kids are nursing and nothings coming. What does that mean to me? Three more bottle fed babies.

I'm not sure of the little runt will live. I need to have a goat sale!! I want to name them but I'm scared!! Lisa wants to replace Chunk with his new son because she likes his coloring better. I want to replace Ethel with Her daughter. That gives me a doe am two bucks to hopefully sell before they end up on the dinner table ( or organic raw dog food). That's the ugly side of raising animals ,I guess.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

3 comments:

  1. yes... real ugly.

    You have runt experience now from little Orchid. How is she doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ORCHID is doing amazingly well! She's getting big. She still isn't accepted by the herd , with the exception of the boys who she can no longer be around. I'm going to put her in with Ethel's new kids. Maybe if they grow up together she'll have an easier time.

    ReplyDelete