Tuesday, June 21, 2011

introduction to the Buck Pen for my little Orchid

Now, its not What
You're thinking. I'm not risking knocking Her up. As you know, she gets out of the doe pen, which is 6by6 grid panels. The Buck pen is chain link. Today She got out and charged at the car. I couldn't drive because She's under the car. Its very dangerous so I rise the Buck pen.

Chunk, my Buck, is pretty calm because I keep an out of season doe with him year round. He doesn't go Into a crazy hormonal rut because of this. It wasn't him I was afraid of, it was supermodel. She's always competing for top bill. They both sniffed her out and then ignored her. Lucy beats the crap out of her any change she can and Lucy has horns!

Orchids a tough ( but stupid) little cookie. So she is going to live in the Buck pen during the day and the goat house with the twins at night.

In 5 more weeks the boys will be weaned and transitioned in to the Buck pen. At that point Orchid will be back in Tue doe pen, hanging out with Ethel's new kids. And I can only pray she's too big to squeeze through the pen!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment