Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Something is afowl....

Thats a saying, right? Whatever.

So this morning while making my rounds I noticed something a bit peculiar.  I had an extra bird.

What I believe to be a ross's goose has taken up residency with my khaki Campbell's.

I know someone around here keeps geese because I hear them yammering in sometimes. This little gal must have flown the coop, so to speak, and found comfort with birds of a different feather. I tied to catch her, Intending on doing the neighborly thing and return her.

No such luck however.

I cant get closer than about 10 feet and I don't want to scare her off. She isn't in the pen, but right outside it hanging out where the ducks are sunning.

I hope she makes her way somewhere safe before nightfall or she'll be some lucky coyotes din din ( not to mention draw their attention to my birds). Perhaps when Lover gets home we can devise a plan to catch her.




2 comments:

  1. so what happened? is it yours now? Coyote snack? Or went home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She went back to whence she came later that day around5.

    ReplyDelete