Monday, December 5, 2011

Its a renovation life for me!

Everyone is finally adjusting Roth NW diggs.  At least one duck and one chicken( out of 6 total hens) has begun laying regularly. I think it acutally may be a bit too chilly for them to lay now, where as before it was too hot. Next year a coop with heat for the winter is in order!!

We slept in our house last night for the first time. The RV was just too darn cold at night. Our house sort of resembles a house. The insulation is all in so with a couple space heaters the house was a little warmer ( and I stress a LITTLE). Thank goodness for down comforters. We should have bought heated blankets but they would have interfered with holiday spending. I usually make the majority of the gifts but this year there's just no time!

The drywallers are coming next weekend to do the master bedroom, bathroom and closet. It will be much warmer then!

The goats have put aside some of there petty squabbling in order to huddle together to hide from the chill.

We still don't have. Kitchen, although we do have a stove/oven!  Also within the next to weeks the hearth will be built for our Franklin stove.

I often think back to the pioneering days, seeing g as I'm living like one.....sort of.

As far as I know, 100 years ago this was mostly Indians and a very small number of settlers ( like a single family). What did they use for heat? Fire places aren't really efficient in the desert since there aren't really any trees. Did they use the Joshua trees? Did the trek regularly to the nearby pine forests in a wagon?

Gotta hand to those folks.  I tip my proverbial hat to them

No comments:

Post a Comment