Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lilys new home

No, I didn't get rid of my Angora ( heavens no!). She just finally got out of her quarentine And is now with the other goats.

She seems so much happier over there!! It took me about 5 weeks to get her to come over to me and eat from my hand. I destroyed that trust in 2 minutes flat by grabbing her horns and wrangling her over to the pen. Guess I'll have to start over.

She most certainly is the most bazaar goat. They aren't supposed to like rain. At all. While I don't believe she particularly enjoys it, She makes no attempt to shelter herself from it. She just lays in the rain Getting soaked.

The ranch I purchased her from had all their animals out on open pastures, except for kidding season. Maybe she's just used to sleeping under trees and bushes? She's now had three different shelters and I ain't making her a new one. Rainy season should be about over soon anyway.

Lucy is due to kid in May. Followed by Zooey and Ethel in June and July. Lily was sold 'exposed to Buck's but I don't think she's ' with child'.

Anyhoo- there's your goat update!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment