Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Woman who Stares At Goat Butts

Never in my life have I spent so much time staring at the rear end of a goat...or anything g for that matter. Today I noticed my Little Lu has begun to bag up! Translation: her udder is starting to fill out. Generally this happened 30-45 days prior to kidding.

After I noticed her little udder, I spent a great deal of time.following behind my more modest nigerian, Ethel. She was hesitant to let me get behind her ( a window into my milking future I suppose). After following her for some time I finally.got an okay look she's much more hairy than Lucy so all I could make out were the tips of tiny teats ( try saying that one 5 times fast!). I tried to reach down and feel. If she had hands she would have slapped me for sure. She DOES have horns but decided against using them on me.

Zooey the pygora isn't bagging up yet either but with all her fleece there's no way to see first sure. The first weekend of April is shearing weekend. Perhaps I will actually be able to see something then.

In non goat related news, I finally got all my seedlings transplanted today.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment