Thursday, April 28, 2011

first possible kidding day!

Today is the 145th day in Lucy's pregnancy! From what I've read, average kidding for nigerians ( most goat breeds?) Is 145-155 days.

Lucy wont bee to happy. But that means she's in the kidding pen at night until I see some babes. I also wont be letting her out to browse during the day because our ' pasture' isn't fenced and I don't want her birthing out under a bush somewhere where I can't see her little self ( but a hawk overhead would be able to see juuuuuust fine to snatch up my goat grandbaby!).

Wishing my little Lu a happy easy birthing experience ( and praying its sooner rather than later and during the day instead of evening).
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. That means today is day 150! I'm sure they'll be news soon!?!?!?! (My first doe was two days late, my second two days early. My third, I'm not even certain she's pregnant)

    ReplyDelete