Thursday, May 5, 2011

That Darn Goat!!

A day late, but its her fault.

As previously stated, my property isn't fenced. So- whenever I leave, or can't otherwise supervise, goats mist go back in their pen. So yesterday when is was time to pick up my oldest from school i had a goat round up. Well everyone was present and accounted for, reluctantly returning to their pen....except for one, whom I could not find.

Torn between panic and a ' good riddance ' sort of relief, I did a quick property search. No Supermodel. I called her name. I made that silly little noise I found they Come to. I shook the grain can. NOTHING. I was now running late and had to skidaddle so I said screw it and got in my car. Then as I'm driving away I see Supermodel belly crawl out from under the trucks snug top camper shell. She stared for all of two seconds before hauling ass, bleeting loudly after my car.

Crap on toast. I had to stop . I grabbed some bailing twine, which is ever so handy to keep around, and made a makeshift slip leash. Then I had to run all the way back to the pens to put her up and run back to my car.

Lucky for me my sons bus was also ten minutes late and we ended up getting there at the same time.

When I got back I had a stern talking to with that gal. I noticed she was a bit powdery and had black on her chin.

I looked her over andshe seemed otherwise fine. As it turned out, Lover had stored a couple bags of cement and a jug of old motoroil under the camper shell. When she crawled out she knocked over the bottle of oil spilling into the bag of cement she undoubt tore open. I assume she didn't ingest any since she's alive and kickin', probably plotting out little schemes to gray my hair And turn me Into a stressed out, chainsmoking, alcoholic with an addiction to Xanax, giggling wickedly to herself all the while.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment: