Monday, November 21, 2011

feathery PTSD

My ducks and chickens started laying quite nicely a few weeks ago. Our move has put a stop to that however. I'm not sure if its the stress of the move or the cols nights. I'm guessing a combination of both. The chickens have been here for about 5 days and the ducks, 3. None are laying.

Jagger got out of the temporary chicken tractor ( 3 by 6 iron birth cage layer on its side) but never leaves his girls. Its parked under a
Mesquite tree which be happily calls home.

This week I'm finishing up the insulation in the house. Luckily the house is quite small so it will go quickly. This weekend we finish up the plumbing. I plan on setting up the grey water recycling for the washing machine . At present the washing machine water is set up to drain I to the toilet so the flushes as with grey water. We can't keep it this way though because we'd have to change too much to make it permanent.  Bit its working out for now. Our tub raised so I want to devise a plan to use the tub water for the toilet. I'm.working on it.

Hopefully next month we'll be able to start the drywall. If we can at least get the master bedroom done we can move out of the trailer and into the house!

Here are more random pics of stuff pertaining to my life in the form of bathroom inspiration. Note: I did not take these pics and I don't know who did. They are images of stuff for sale in Internetland.



2 comments:

  1. I totally love that light. SUPER cute. So the bathroom is going to be blues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Blue and white. I want the house to resemble a box of crayons on acid..Lovers not too keen on the idea so I'm putting it little splashes of color here and there. I'm in love with that library fixture! Its an antique so I'm not sure how easy it will be to find something similar. I did see a couple plain Jane's I liked a lot at home depot that may have to do.

    ReplyDelete