Thursday, January 5, 2012

What to do with all th damn cardboard!?!

I'm still unpacking.... slowly. I have a steady and growing supply of cardboard boxes.

I can't just toss them, there's too much guilt involved. I know people post them for free moving boxes but I live in Podunk USA so the likelyhood of someone driving out to me for $5 worth of cardboard is nil.

So I've been throwing them in my shed until I could come up with a better solution for there disposal. Then Mace, my 4yo, asked if he could plant Some seeds- enter flickering lightbulb.

We will use our boxes as raised planter beds. The larger ones will be saved for brooding boxes this spring but the medium and small o.es are going to be for Maces garden.

I'm going to line the sides with grocery store plastic bags to help so much moisture from being drawn out of the soil. The best part? When said veg is done the cardboard boxes can be composted. If the held up Okay, I may shove them back in the shed until fall to use again ( being in the high desert gives us two growing seasons).

I'll post pics once we get everything started! I know I'm not the first to think of this, but hot damn I feel like a genious right now.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea!! Thank you! I just moved and have tons of boxes. I am going to use some of them for beds and for nesting boxes!
    Thanks again for the idea!
    Summer

    ReplyDelete