Friday, May 27, 2011

beautifully farm fresh

My ducks and chickens have a free range garden, about 3 or 400 square feet. They have a XL dog vari-kennels they go in at night.

It used to be I would find the eggs randomly. Every day was an Easter egg hunt. Last week instead of getting my usual 3 eggs ( my chickies aren't laying yet ) I was getting one, or sometimes none. Being the person that I am I immediately thought someone was eggbound. But it would make no sense that all three Campbells would be bound at once.

Then today, while hanging laundry on the line, I spied a bit of peach under a long deceased lavender bush. I had FINALLY hound the nest! I gathered 12, leaving the five on the bottom there. I assume they're quite old And I want them to continue laying in that spot.

So now, my eggs are awaiting the " sink or float" test to check their goodness, or rather, their edibleness. Good eggs sink, bad eggs float..


So I'm now getting eggs regularly, milking one goat,and eating home grown greens. Orchid survived and is doing very well. Believe me, my smile is big and toothy. :-P
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment