Thursday, May 19, 2011

Orchid is hanging in there

I didn't think my surprise baby would make it through the night.....but she did.

She's still incredibly weak. I got her to accept two bottles yesterday , but during the evening Ans this am should wouldn't suckle. I don't have a tube yet so I used a dropper and fed her a couple tablespoons at a time.

I thought I would be able to detach, having worked for a veterinarian for 7 years but its not proving to be so simple. If she dies I'll be devastated.

The vet opens at 8. I'll be buying a feeding tube and some LRS.

PLEASE keep little Orchid in your thoughts.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. Squeeze it in her mouth and some of it is bound to end up in her tummy. This is what i do to my cat when he is sick and is refusing water.

    ReplyDelete