Tuesday, May 24, 2011

the problem with bottle babies is. . .

Well, thee are many problems with bottle babies. That Darn Goat is a bottle baby and She is OBNOXIOUS.

But there are health issues too. Most recent health. Concern with Orchid is constipation. It doesn't sound like much but it can he deadly for ruminants.

Yesterday Orchid received two enemas, and another this morning. An obscene amount of stool was vacated. She's a bit happier today, but still bunches and strains at poop time.

I kicked the aggressive goats out to pasture and put Orchid I with her mama, Lucy, and Lucys kids. She walked around a bit then found a chubby to sleep. She's. Still too small to keep out there. Lucy, my tiniest goat, walked on her. So I'll keep taking her out to hang with the herd, but I've go at least a few weeks more before she can move in.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

  1. Betty, is she obnoxious because she is asking for the bottle all of the time? Also, is there any possibility that her mother will take her back? Lucy has two kids, I guess there's no possibility that Lucy would foster Orchid?

    Keep at it; we're rootin' for you. Wish I could come out to Rockabilly Ranch and help instead of being stuck at this desk all day!

    Orchid's hair is so beautiful on my computer screen. I look forward one day to a post about yard you've spun from it. And I know you have been busy, but have you done any spinning on your beautiful spinning wheel?

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The obnoxious bottle goat is just baaaaad. She thinks she's human and follows people around. Tries to get in my lap and she weighs a ton) jumps on people, etc. I tried grafting orchid onto Lucy and she was NOT HAVING IT. LOL.

    Orchids mom, Lily, isn't interested either. Lily is kind of a spaz and very wild. She had very little human interaction. We'll all just have to wait and see I suppose! !

    no spinning yet. My son unwound the wheel And I don't know how to fix it! I probably wont have a second to spare until late fall so maybe then I can learn to spin. Thanks for the support!!

    ReplyDelete