Monday, June 13, 2011

Bad Lucy! Good Lucy?

For the past three days Lucy has been meeting me on our front porch around milking time.
Around 7:10-7:15, I'll hear the unmistakable sound of hooves on wood followed by a good long bleat. I have yet to figure out how she's getting out of the pen.

Either she wants her grain badly, or perhaps her crying kids are bugging her since they're locked up at night. I supposed she COULD just be concerned for them.

I think she wants to be milked because her udder is full, and I'm sure you breastfeeding human mamas can relate! Followed by a grainy snack And the release of Her boys.

Shes starting to kick them away more often. They still have at least another 4 weeks of nursing. Next week I'll start milking twice a day so she doesn't begin to reduce her milk production.

I also need to start making plans to list Brutus, one of her kids, for sale. He is incredibly sweet and loving. He will make a good buckling for someone. I have no need for another Buck so Have decided not to keep him.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment