Wednesday, June 15, 2011

dangers of rural living

I saw a. Coyote in my front. Yard for the first time a couple days ago. It was just passing through. It ignored the cat and the goats that were out. It trotted right passed a family of quail and a blacktailed jackrabbit that was playing in the dirt.
That's not to say they don't pass through all the time, just That I don't see them

Today, its was a young red diamondback rattlersnake. Luckily They're a docile species, choosing flight or fight more often than not. I heard the dog barking hysterically and it was a scared rattlesnake in the corner of the dogrun.

I know They're there. I keep my eyes peeled and moving, but sometimes I let my guard down under a false sense of security after going so Long in-between seeing the critters.

IF we move the common venomous snake is the Mojave green. It is one of the most AGGRESSIVE species of rattlesnake here. When we looked at the house the first time, there was one in the front yard.

Snake proof fencing will be a must And as owners we'll be able to do it.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment: